The Dean's Office is responsible for scheduling two conference rooms at ZSFG. Carr Auditorium is an auditorium, located on the first floor of Building 3. Located at 22nd Street and San Bruno Avenue. It seats up to 130 people. It has built-in audio visual equipment along with a desktop computer in the room. Cafe conference room 3 is a small conference room that can hold up to 25 people, conveniently located in the main dining room of the cafeteria on the second floor of Building 5.
- To Schedule: Contact the Dean’s Office (415) 206-8505 during normal business hours (8am-5pm) to reserve the auditorium.
- Equipment: All the AV equipment (except microphones) is in the room. There is a binder with instructions on how to operate the equipment at the podium inside the auditorium. You can use either a USB flash drive or bring your own laptop. For Mac computers, there is a mini-display port to VGA adapter in the auditorium. If you need a different kind of adapter, please bring your own. For problems with the AV equipment or if information isn’t in the binder, please contact (415) 206-5126. See available equipment under AV/IT Support.
- Microphones: Contact the Pathology office (415) 206-8212 or you will need to stop by the office during normal business hours (8am-5pm). The Pathology Business office is in Building 3, Rm 102 across the hall from the auditorium. You will be able to check out a small briefcase containing the following items: 1-wireless lapel mic (labeled Lav1,) 1-Handheld wireless mic (labeled hh1), 1-Laser Pointer and slide advancer combination device. After your presentation is over, please turn off all devices (mics and laser/slide changer) and return these three items to the briefcase. Return briefcase to Pathology.
- Meetings scheduled after business hours: If your meeting occurs outside of 8am-5pm business hours or during the weekend, you will need to get a key from the Pathology office (415) 206-8212 in advance of the meeting. A UCSF or ZSFG employee must be responsible for the key and give a copy of his/her ID to Pathology department. For evening and weekend reservations, please notify the ZSFG Sheriff (415) 206-8063 for security purposes.
- Leave Carr clean and locked: When you are finished using Carr Auditorium, please clean up any trash or food left overs. Please make sure the door locks behind you when after 5pm weekdays and anytime on weekends.
- ADA Accessible: There is a wheel chair lift outside Carr Auditorium. Please contact plant engineers (415) 206-8522 for instructions on how to operate.
- Carr Auditorium, as is, is provided to ZSFG/DPH community.
- Computer/AV equipment in the room are supported by the Dean’s Office on a Break/Fix basis. If a problem is reported with the room, the ZSFG Dean’s Office will order a ticket with IT Field Services (ITFS) to schedule repairs and services. This takes time as there are no technical resources standing by to assist you if you have trouble with any of the equipment in Carr Auditorium.
- Those planning to use the AV/Computer equipment in Carr should test the equipment beforehand and arrange for technical support if they feel it is needed.
UCSF staff requiring technical support for their presentations must prearrange this with ITFS. UCSF ITFS charges the UCSF Department for assistance ($82/hour, unless you are enrolled as a premium customer). To prearrange technical support in Carr Auditorium, please do so in advance by placing an ITFS request by calling (415) 206-5126 or ordering online: http://help.ucsf.edu
- DPH staff requiring technical assistant for events at Carr should make prior arrangements with Ben Briones (firstname.lastname@example.org / (415) 206-4579) in the ZSFG Department of Education.
- Available equipment and features in Carr Auditorium.
- Wireless hand held and lapel mics (lavaliers)
- USB laser pointer/slide changer/timer
- Mediasite for recording and streaming video
- WebEX (Use the telephone in auditorium or bring your own Polycom)
- Videoconferencing (Jabber)
- VGA video connection; Mini-display port to VGA connection
- Dell Optiplex 7040 desktop on the DPH/UCSF network
- Wireless networks (UCSFwpa, UCSFguest or UCSF-Clinical)
- Cafe 3 is conveniently located in the dinning room of the cafeteria on the second floor of the Main Hospital building 5. It has a capacity of approximately 25 people and has a phone and projector screen.
- To Schedule: Contact the Dean’s Office (415) 206-8505 during normal business hours (8am-5pm) to reserve Café 3.
- Equipment: The speaker phone is (415) 206-8120.
- Please note this room is often used by survey teams. When they arrive unexpectedly on campus, the room will need to be cleared. Someone from the Dean's office Admin staff will contact you to let you know, and we will assist you in finding an alternative room.