Research Protocol Applications
Researchers planning to enroll patients at ZSFG and/or use ZSFG personnel, resources, facilities, space (even if it is your own office) or ZSFG patient data (even if you are only collecting names and numbers), you must complete a ZSFG Research Protocol Application for official approval and research-tracking activity on the ZSFG campus.
Protocol Application Process:
- Gather all signatures except for administrative approvals at the end of the application (see contacts)
- Sign the HIPAA acknowledgement
- Send completed application to the ZSFG Vice Dean's Office (see contacts)
- The Dean's office will review and process your application and collect the Administrative approvals. Please allow for a typical turnaround time of 7-10 days.
- The Dean's office will email the approved Protocol Application to the PI and any additional contacts unless requested otherwise.
- When requesting your application status, please refer to the CHR number.
Contacts for ZSFG Protocol Approvals: